Monday, January 21, 2008

The real limitation of Qt...

I've been posting here quite often that I like using this wonderful GUI library that is Qt. I've always found it really comfortable to work with. But it looks like I've finally hit a limitation:

[  5%] QT Wrapped File
/home/vincent/Prog/UltimateRipper/src/genericcombo.hh:26: Error: Template classes not supported by Q_OBJECT
make[2]: *** [moc_genericcombo.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/ur.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I knew that it is technically delicate to deal with that... I hope they had found a solution. Well, pity. After all, there must be a very good reason why they wrote so much code for QVariant, to provide an alternative to templates. Pity ! I'll have to go on with this class without specific signals/slots.

No comments: